I've written fiction, comment, and reviews for various outlets.
- Stop the world, I want to tune up (presented at Boring 2017)
- Transrealities #2 (Cool Cookbook)
- Transrealities #1 (Cool Cookbook)
- Wikipedia Hates Women: 4 Dark Sides of The Site We All Use (cracked.com)
- Orange Is The New Black: how the book adds to the show (Den of Geek)
- Fewer than three percent of land plant species named by women: Author gender over 260 years (Taxon)
- Review: The Librarian (Eruditorum Press)
- Review: Time Heist (Unlimited Rice Pudding)
- Facebook introduces choice of 50 genders – but why can’t we write in our own? (New Statesman)
- Moths Ate My Girls Aloud CD (Eruditorum Press)
- Behind the Wikipedia Wars (New Statesman, interview)
I play guitar and bass in the London DIY indie scene.
- Lead guitar on Jennifer Denitto's cover of “Just What I Needed” (Mole in the Ground Records)
- Spencer (originals band, 1 show, 2017)
- Kenickers (Kenickie tribute band, 4 shows, 2016-2017)
- Quick Whittington (Thamesmeerd 2017 panto)
- Thamemeerd episode 7
- Santa in Space (Thamesmeerd 2016 panto)
- Thamesmeerd episode 5
I promote gigs in London as Abigail's Parties.
- Indelicates / The Misters of Circe / Kenickers / "Travolta" - June 2016
- Fightmilk / Charla Fantasma / TOTP / Spencer - March 2017
- Kenickers / Menaces / W*llstonekraft / Layzervag - May 2017
- TOTP / Foxcunt / The Ethical Debating Society / MX Tyrants - June 2017
- Foxcunt / Argonaut / Panic Pocket / Layzervag - August 2018
- AB40 / TOTP / Argonaut - June 2019
I've a 20-year history of contribution to software. I am AbigailBrady on github.
- Nuke - compositing and visual effects software ([principal] software engineer 2007 — 2014)
- Cryosphere and MusicMUD - a science fiction MUD and its codebase (1997 — )
- Crystal - a lightweight mud client (2002 — ongoing)
- Lucifer - terminal based UI for Philips Hue lighting systems (2018 — ongoing)